Friday, February 3, 2012

Dad's Chili

My Dad used to make this for us as kids for a Sunday dinner. We didn't have a lot of money back in the day so he would add potatoes to make it more filling. We LOVED it as kids! now when my dad shares the recipe he skips the potatoes(he thinks they ruin it) however I make it that way as do my siblings and we still love it.

1 can kidney beans, rinsed
1 can chili beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 lb hamburger
3 cans tomato sauce with equal parts water
3-4 potatoes, diced
Seasonings to your likings:
garlic' onion, chili powder, cayenne, bell peppers(my brother goes as far as to add jalapeno peppers)

Cook hamberger and onions together. Add other ingredients and simmer aprox. 2 hours. Add water as you desire. Then eat it up yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment